Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri April 20, 2012
The Health Show #1255
There’s been a growing problem in the health care system that hasn’t gotten much attention but, little by little, has been affecting patient care and changing the way some doctors practice. It’s the shortage of drugs. Not experimental, exotic new meds...but everyday, reliable medications that doctors have used for years. On today’s Health Show, we’ll look into the causes, effects...and possible solutions of this problem.
Then we’ll look into another shortage that, while not life threatening, certainly made life different in post-Katrina New Orleans.