Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri June 22, 2012
The Health Show #1264
Nothing like opening up the show with a barrage of numbers...but these are some seriously eye opening numbers. The Alzheimer’s Association has estimated that by the year 2050, more than 16 million Americans will be living with Alzheimer’s Disease at a cost to the economy of over a trillion dollars...a year. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk about Alzheimer’s Disease from a scientist’s point of view...and with some people from the association.
We’ll hear about efforts to find new, non-invasive ways to detect Alzheimer’s early...learn about efforts at the NIH to try and unravel the genes that some thin cause the disease...and find out what the Alzheimer’s Association does to make the lives of Alzheimer’s patients...and their care givers...a bit easier.