Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri June 22, 2012
The Health Show #1264
Nothing like opening up the show with a barrage of numbers...but these are some seriously eye opening numbers. The Alzheimer’s Association has estimated that by the year 2050, more than 16 million Americans will be living with Alzheimer’s Disease at a cost to the economy of over a trillion dollars...a year. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk about Alzheimer’s Disease from a scientist’s point of view...and with some people from the association.
We’ll hear about efforts to find new, non-invasive ways to detect Alzheimer’s early...learn about efforts at the NIH to try and unravel the genes that some thin cause the disease...and find out what the Alzheimer’s Association does to make the lives of Alzheimer’s patients...and their care givers...a bit easier.