Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Fri July 13, 2012
The Health Show #1267
Think about what a family would have to go through if one of their children needed a heart transplant. The doctor visits, the waiting for a donor, the surgery and recovery. Now, multiply that by two. On today’s Health Show we’ll hear about a pair of brothers in Northern New York who are both living with other people’s hearts...and how they are spreading the word about organ donation.
We’ll also hear from a heart transplant surgeon about what it’s like on the other side of the operating table. And we’ll learn about an effort by 4-H to keep kids around the country healthy.