Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri July 27, 2012
The Health Show #1269
Stop me if you’ve heard about one: Tuberous Sclerosis. Yup, I don’t see too many people holding up stop signs. Only a few thousand people in the US are living with this condition, and they know all too well the complications and endless medical procedures it brings along. On today’s Health Show, we’ll learn about Tuberous Sclerosis.
Also, in our earliest school biology classes we learned about process of cell division. But do you know exactly how that happens? For a long time neither did anyone else...until a pioneering doctor and his microscope found the answer. We’ll hear his story.