Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri August 3, 2012
The Health Show #1270
Surprising reports have been coming in over the past six months or so about people contracting disease from dirty or reused needles. The surprising part is that these are not IV drug users...these people are medical and dental patients and the injections were from health care professionals. On today’s Health Show, we’ll talk about the state of injection safety in the US.
We’ll also hear about a new HIV/AIDS drug that’s being touted as a way to prevent infection with the virus. And we’ll find out which California city is becoming the Golden State’s pot capital.