Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri September 21, 2012
The Health Show #1277
If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the word “trauma”, you get this: an experience that produces psychological injury or pain. But trauma can’t be boiled down to just a one sentence definition and be totally understood. On today’s Health Show, we’ll look at the effects and perhaps some readies for mental trauma.
We’ll hear how the National Institutes of Health are trying to predict who is most likely to be affected by trauma...hear from a psychologist who wrote the book on self-parenting and attempting to heal trauma. And, of course, hear from soldiers returning from war and their battles with PTSD.