Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri September 21, 2012
The Health Show #1277
If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the word “trauma”, you get this: an experience that produces psychological injury or pain. But trauma can’t be boiled down to just a one sentence definition and be totally understood. On today’s Health Show, we’ll look at the effects and perhaps some readies for mental trauma.
We’ll hear how the National Institutes of Health are trying to predict who is most likely to be affected by trauma...hear from a psychologist who wrote the book on self-parenting and attempting to heal trauma. And, of course, hear from soldiers returning from war and their battles with PTSD.