Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
Fri September 21, 2012
The Health Show #1277
If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the word “trauma”, you get this: an experience that produces psychological injury or pain. But trauma can’t be boiled down to just a one sentence definition and be totally understood. On today’s Health Show, we’ll look at the effects and perhaps some readies for mental trauma.
We’ll hear how the National Institutes of Health are trying to predict who is most likely to be affected by trauma...hear from a psychologist who wrote the book on self-parenting and attempting to heal trauma. And, of course, hear from soldiers returning from war and their battles with PTSD.