Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Fri October 12, 2012
The Health Show #1280
It’s widely known that October is breast cancer awareness month, and there are many programs are articles devoted to the topic of breast cancer treatment and detection all month long. We did one last week...we’ll do another next week. What you may not know is that September was prostate cancer awareness month. On today’s Health Show, ok, we may be a little late...but we’ll learn more about this disease that kills thousands of men each year.
We’ll also find out about the major cause of childhood diarrhea and dehydration in the world, the Rotavirus...and hear how a returning soldier with PTSD learned to cope with his problem on film.