Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri October 19, 2012
The Health Show #1281
Here are three words you’ll be hearing a lot in the future: dense breast tissue. At least you’ll be hearing them a lot in the next 25 minutes or so. For years it’s been known that is it harder to detect cancer on a mammogram if a woman has dense, as opposed to fatty, breasts. Now, a number of states have passed laws mandating that doctors inform women of the density of their breasts...and give them options for further detection.
On today’s Health Show, we’ll talk about the problems of finding cancer in dense breast tissue, hear about the possible implications of these notification laws...and take a look into the future of breast cancer detection.