Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri October 19, 2012
The Health Show #1281
Here are three words you’ll be hearing a lot in the future: dense breast tissue. At least you’ll be hearing them a lot in the next 25 minutes or so. For years it’s been known that is it harder to detect cancer on a mammogram if a woman has dense, as opposed to fatty, breasts. Now, a number of states have passed laws mandating that doctors inform women of the density of their breasts...and give them options for further detection.
On today’s Health Show, we’ll talk about the problems of finding cancer in dense breast tissue, hear about the possible implications of these notification laws...and take a look into the future of breast cancer detection.