Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri October 19, 2012
The Health Show #1281
Here are three words you’ll be hearing a lot in the future: dense breast tissue. At least you’ll be hearing them a lot in the next 25 minutes or so. For years it’s been known that is it harder to detect cancer on a mammogram if a woman has dense, as opposed to fatty, breasts. Now, a number of states have passed laws mandating that doctors inform women of the density of their breasts...and give them options for further detection.
On today’s Health Show, we’ll talk about the problems of finding cancer in dense breast tissue, hear about the possible implications of these notification laws...and take a look into the future of breast cancer detection.