Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri November 2, 2012
The Health Show #1283
In the past couple of decades a lot of money and effort have gone into the fight against drunk driving...with positive results. The refrain of “one for the road” is now not taken literally often. One reason for the success is the ease of testing a driver for alcohol use...a simple roadside breath test. For some time now, there have been efforts to duplicate that technology to test for drugs other than alcohol. On today’s Health Show, we’ll hear an evaluation of that technology and hear where it’s already being used.
We’ll also dive back into the controversy about genetically modified foods...and hear why some people think they are the cause of many food allergies...while others say that’s a lot of all natural baloney.