Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Fri November 30, 2012
The Health Show #1287
We’re going to start today’s show with one of those obvious statements you love so much: A stroke is a medical emergency. The faster you recognize that you or someone you are with is having a stroke, the better the chance of survival. Not everyone does. Stroke is the forth biggest killer in the US and the number one cause of long term disability. On today’s Health Show we’ll hear about the latest methods of turning stroke victims into stroke survivors.
And you know how every so often you need to reboot your computer to keep in running efficiently? Well the same thing goes for humans. It’s called sleep!