Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Fri December 14, 2012
The Health Show #1289
When they were first introduced, and it wasn’t all that long ago, antibiotics were hailed as miracle drugs. They still are. But strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria have been fighting back against these particular miracles for some time now...and the problem is worse in certain areas. On today’s Health Show, we’ll find out how bacteria learns to fight antibiotics...and where the most resistant bugs are hanging out.
We’ll also find out how American food is feeding the world, and not just at Christmas time...and get some advice from the NIH on surviving the holiday season.