Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
Fri December 14, 2012
The Health Show #1289
When they were first introduced, and it wasn’t all that long ago, antibiotics were hailed as miracle drugs. They still are. But strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria have been fighting back against these particular miracles for some time now...and the problem is worse in certain areas. On today’s Health Show, we’ll find out how bacteria learns to fight antibiotics...and where the most resistant bugs are hanging out.
We’ll also find out how American food is feeding the world, and not just at Christmas time...and get some advice from the NIH on surviving the holiday season.