Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri March 8, 2013
The Health Show #1301
Over the years there have been two words that have summed up the most effective weapon in the fight against cancer...all cancer: early detection. Now researchers are trying hard to make early detection quicker, easier...and earlier.
On today’s Health Show we’ll hear about advances in the early detection of cancer...and hear from a clinical researcher about the feasibility of finding warning signs for cancer in blood. We’ll also focus on one of those tests that is generating a lot of controversy: the PSA test for prostate cancer.