Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
Fri March 8, 2013
The Health Show #1301
Over the years there have been two words that have summed up the most effective weapon in the fight against cancer...all cancer: early detection. Now researchers are trying hard to make early detection quicker, easier...and earlier.
On today’s Health Show we’ll hear about advances in the early detection of cancer...and hear from a clinical researcher about the feasibility of finding warning signs for cancer in blood. We’ll also focus on one of those tests that is generating a lot of controversy: the PSA test for prostate cancer.