Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri March 22, 2013
The Health Show #1303
In 1977, the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind was released with the tag line: “we are not alone”. You know what, we really aren’t. And it has nothing to do with aliens. There are thousands of tiny organisms living in our bodies right now and we couldn’t live without them. On today’s Health Show we’ll take a look at the Human Micro Biome.
We’ll hear reports from the NIH and a national health journalist about the amount of microbes that hitch a ride in our gut...and we’ll talk to a microbiome researcher about how understanding how these germs work with our bodies may help us find treatments for condition from cancer to obesity.