Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri May 10, 2013
The Health Show #1310
Advances in medical technology have made it possible to screen children for a huge number of conditions by the time they are two. That’s two DAYS. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to a clinical geneticist about the advances in newborn screening for disease.
We’ll also hear from the N-I-H about screening for cancer in children and adults...and how they must balance the pros and cons of these tests. And we’ll hear commentary from a young woman about a brave young member of her family with terminal cancer.