Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Fri May 10, 2013
The Health Show #1310
Advances in medical technology have made it possible to screen children for a huge number of conditions by the time they are two. That’s two DAYS. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to a clinical geneticist about the advances in newborn screening for disease.
We’ll also hear from the N-I-H about screening for cancer in children and adults...and how they must balance the pros and cons of these tests. And we’ll hear commentary from a young woman about a brave young member of her family with terminal cancer.