Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
Fri May 10, 2013
The Health Show #1310
Advances in medical technology have made it possible to screen children for a huge number of conditions by the time they are two. That’s two DAYS. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to a clinical geneticist about the advances in newborn screening for disease.
We’ll also hear from the N-I-H about screening for cancer in children and adults...and how they must balance the pros and cons of these tests. And we’ll hear commentary from a young woman about a brave young member of her family with terminal cancer.