Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
Fri May 31, 2013
The Health Show #1313
Clostridium difficile is not only very difficult to say, it can be deadly. This gut infection has been in the news with outbreaks in hospitals and nursing care facilities in the US and Canada. And now there’s a study that says if you are depressed, you have a much higher risk of getting infected. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to the lead author of this study and depression and infection.
We’ll also hear a group of women speaking about their diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome...and what this controversial condition has done to their lives. And then commentary from a middle aged man juggling his doctor visits with the rest of his life.