Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri May 31, 2013
The Health Show #1313
Clostridium difficile is not only very difficult to say, it can be deadly. This gut infection has been in the news with outbreaks in hospitals and nursing care facilities in the US and Canada. And now there’s a study that says if you are depressed, you have a much higher risk of getting infected. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to the lead author of this study and depression and infection.
We’ll also hear a group of women speaking about their diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome...and what this controversial condition has done to their lives. And then commentary from a middle aged man juggling his doctor visits with the rest of his life.