Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri June 29, 2012
Healthcare Law Now An Issue In Massachusetts Senate Race
The US Supreme Court’s historic decision on the national healthcare law has injected what could prove to be a pivotal issue into the US Senate race in Massachusetts. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Both Republican Senator Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren can use the healthcare reform issue to rally their bases and raise money, according to political consultant Tony Cignolli.
Within hours of the court’s decision, Browns campaign put out a video statement of the senator pledging to vote to repeal what he called a one size fits all health care system he said was bad for the economny and jobs in Massachusetts.. Warren’s campaign accused Brown of turning his back on un-insured people.