Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Wed July 25, 2012
Hearing to Look at ConEd Safety Record
A New York State Assembly committee hearing is being held to examine Con Edison's service and safety record since a lockout of its 8,500 unionized workers.
The hearing is scheduled for Wednesday in Manhattan.
About 5,000 managers have been keeping electricity going for 3.2 million customers in New York City and Westchester County since the workers were locked out June 30 after their contract expired.
Con Edison says it has been responding to emergencies efficiently despite several heat waves.
Neither side has reported any real progress in negotiations.
Ian Pickus, WAMC News
Copyright 2012, by the Associated Press