Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu October 14, 2004
Hearings Begin Re: Higher Ed Vetoes
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The first of five public hearings on the impact of Governor Pataki's vetoes of higher education funding is being held in Plattsburgh today. The New York State Assembly Standing Committee on Higher Education will use the information from the hearings to help their efforts for a veto override. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.