Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu October 14, 2004
Hearings Begin Re: Higher Ed Vetoes
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The first of five public hearings on the impact of Governor Pataki's vetoes of higher education funding is being held in Plattsburgh today. The New York State Assembly Standing Committee on Higher Education will use the information from the hearings to help their efforts for a veto override. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.