Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Hudson Valley News
Mon May 13, 2013
Hein Continues To Push For Nevele Casino
KINGSTON – Despite Governor Cuomo’s announced gaming casino plan that would include one in the Catskills/Hudson Valley region, Ulster County Executive Michael Hein is pushing for more.
The EPT/Empire Resorts plan for the former Concord Hotel property in Kiamesha Lake appears to be the regional frontrunner, but Hein is continuing to lobby for the Nevele facility in the Ellenville area.
“We look forward to advocating for Ulster County and for the Nevele and also for our entire region,” Hein said.
The governor wants just three casinos initially. Senator John Bonacic, chairman of the Senate Gaming and Wagering Committee, wants three in the Catskills/Hudson Valley region alone.