Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Arts & Culture
Wed March 20, 2013
Helen Reddy at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
Helen Reddy will appear in concert at The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall tomorrow night at 8pm. The Australian-American Queen of 70s Pop will perform songs that she’s always loved that weren’t necessarily her hits - and she’ll perform some of those, too.
The singer and actresses biggest hit was the feminist anthem “I am Woman” - for which she she became the first Australian to win a Grammy award. A frequent guest on talk shows and variety programs of the 1970s and early 1980s – Reddy helmed The Helen Reddy Show - the 1973 summer replacement series for The Flip Wilson Show - making her the first Australian to host a variety show on an American television network. Her film career includes an extended cameo as a nun in Airport 1975 – and a starring role in Walt Disney's Pete's Dragon, introducing the Oscar-nominated song "Candle on the Water."
Helen retired from live performance in 2002 - but has returned to the stage for these concerts.
Arts & Culture