Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Wed March 6, 2013
"Her" by Christa Parravani
Christa Parravani is a photographer, capital region native, and author of the acclaimed new memoir, Her: A Memoir about the life and early death of her identical twin, Cara. For several years after her identical twin died of a drug overdose in 2006, Christa would look in the mirror and see her sister's face staring back at her. No matter where she went, she could not escape the image of her twin.
Christa will discuss her work on Thursday night at the NYS Museum as part of a NYS Writer’s Institute event. She will also be at Oblong Books on 3/16, Odyssey Book on 4/3, and at The Woodstock Writer's Festival on 4/21.
Music - Rachael Yamagata - "Keep Going"