Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue November 30, 2004
High Court Upholds New York Redistricting
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – The U-S Supreme Court has affirmed a lower court ruling upholding changes that New York State made to congressional and legislative districts following the 2000 census. Reform advocates say it emphasizes the need to create an independent commission to re-draw New York's voting districts. WAMC's Pat Bradley reports.