Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue October 12, 2004
High Demand for Fuel Assistance Predicted
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Crude oil prices opened at a record 54-dollars-45- cents a barrel this morning. Those prices are leading to higher prices for gas and fuel oil. Many agencies in our region that help low-income families are bracing for a winter of high heating costs and high demand for assistance. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.