Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 1, 2004
High Voter Turn Out Expected in New York - IDs Required
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The State Board of Elections reports that over 750,000 New Yorkers have registered to vote for the first time in next Tuesday's elections. Because of changes made by Congress after the 2000 elections, the new voters are required to show ID at their polling place. A high voter turn out is expected, and there are worries that there may be confusion at the polls about what kind of identification is acceptable. WAMC's Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.