Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue June 29, 2004
Hinchey Calls for Action on Stewart Access Road
By Allison Dunne
Newburgh, NY – The debate over a proposed access road to Stewart International Airport continues to be played out in court. Congressman Maurice Hinchey says additional delays would take a toll on the area's economic vitality. So, he's urging New York Governor George Pataki to seek alternatives. Opponents of the current proposal say a continued court battle is likely. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.