Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Tue June 29, 2004
Hinchey Calls for Action on Stewart Access Road
By Allison Dunne
Newburgh, NY – The debate over a proposed access road to Stewart International Airport continues to be played out in court. Congressman Maurice Hinchey says additional delays would take a toll on the area's economic vitality. So, he's urging New York Governor George Pataki to seek alternatives. Opponents of the current proposal say a continued court battle is likely. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.