Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue June 29, 2004
Hinchey Calls for Action on Stewart Access Road
By Allison Dunne
Newburgh, NY – The debate over a proposed access road to Stewart International Airport continues to be played out in court. Congressman Maurice Hinchey says additional delays would take a toll on the area's economic vitality. So, he's urging New York Governor George Pataki to seek alternatives. Opponents of the current proposal say a continued court battle is likely. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.