Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu June 9, 2005
Hinchey to NY Lawmakers: Open NY Wineries to Nation
By Hank Gross
Middletown, NY – Congressman Maurice Hinchey yesterday urged New York's legislative leaders to approve a measure that would open up New York's wineries to customers across the country. Hinchey and Congressman James Walsh wrote a letter, cosigned by 19 other federal lawmakers calling on the New York officials to act quickly in response to the recent US Supreme Court ruling that permits both interstate and intrastate direct-to-consumer shipment of wines.