Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue September 7, 2004
Hinchey Says FDA Fails to Protect Public Health
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – A Hudson Valley area Congressman is calling on the Food and Drug Administration to investigate the side effects of a drug that was initially approved to control seizures. The drug has since been prescribed for other uses, and Congressman Maurice Hinchey is drawing attention to the drug's link to suicidal tendencies as a side effect. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.