Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 31, 2005
HITS-on-the-Hudson Bolsters Local Economy
By Allison Dunne
Saugerties, NY – It's been about one year since the head of one of the nation's largest horse show circuits held a grand opening for the shows' permanent summer residence. The site is in the Hudson Valley's Ulster County, and officials had predicted a boon for the local economy to the tune of millions of dollars. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne follows up on that prediction, along with what a national show jumping event new to the site this year holds in store.