Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue May 31, 2005
HITS-on-the-Hudson Bolsters Local Economy
By Allison Dunne
Saugerties, NY – It's been about one year since the head of one of the nation's largest horse show circuits held a grand opening for the shows' permanent summer residence. The site is in the Hudson Valley's Ulster County, and officials had predicted a boon for the local economy to the tune of millions of dollars. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne follows up on that prediction, along with what a national show jumping event new to the site this year holds in store.