Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri April 13, 2012
Holy Hail! Photos, Videos Show Texas Storm's Fury; Drifts 4-Feet Deep
Originally published on Fri April 13, 2012 7:46 am
Photos and videos from Wednesday's hail storm that hit part of the Texas panhandle tell a pretty amazing story.
Nickel-sized hailstones fell so fast and so furiously that they were pushed into drifts that in some places ended up about 4-feet high.
The National Weather Service's Amarillo office has more images and explanations on its Facebook page.