Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Fri April 13, 2012
Holy Hail! Photos, Videos Show Texas Storm's Fury; Drifts 4-Feet Deep
Originally published on Fri April 13, 2012 7:46 am
Photos and videos from Wednesday's hail storm that hit part of the Texas panhandle tell a pretty amazing story.
Nickel-sized hailstones fell so fast and so furiously that they were pushed into drifts that in some places ended up about 4-feet high.
The National Weather Service's Amarillo office has more images and explanations on its Facebook page.