Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon December 6, 2004
Holyoke Ponders Privatization
By Eesha Williams
Holyoke, MA – The federal Environmental Protection Agency has threatened to fine the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts. The EPA wants the city to do a better job cleaning up its wastewater before pouring it into the Connecticut River. But the federal government has not offered to help pay the cost of fixing the problem. Holyoke's mayor has come up with a plan to privatize the city's sewage treatment system. But the plan has run into some opposition. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.