Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Mon December 6, 2004
Holyoke Ponders Privatization
By Eesha Williams
Holyoke, MA – The federal Environmental Protection Agency has threatened to fine the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts. The EPA wants the city to do a better job cleaning up its wastewater before pouring it into the Connecticut River. But the federal government has not offered to help pay the cost of fixing the problem. Holyoke's mayor has come up with a plan to privatize the city's sewage treatment system. But the plan has run into some opposition. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.