Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon December 6, 2004
Holyoke Ponders Privatization
By Eesha Williams
Holyoke, MA – The federal Environmental Protection Agency has threatened to fine the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts. The EPA wants the city to do a better job cleaning up its wastewater before pouring it into the Connecticut River. But the federal government has not offered to help pay the cost of fixing the problem. Holyoke's mayor has come up with a plan to privatize the city's sewage treatment system. But the plan has run into some opposition. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.