Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 5, 2005
Holyoke, Springfield Lag in Minority Hiring
By Eesha Williams
Holyoke, MA – In the 1970s, the federal government ordered Massachusetts cities to hire more minority police officers and firefighters. Thirty years later, Holyoke and Springfield still haven't fully obeyed the order. A civil rights group is now considering taking the cities to court. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.