Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Mon November 14, 2005
Holyoke voters turn down mayor's proposal
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Environmental Protection Agency last month fined the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts for not addressing a problem of leaking sewage into the Connecticut River. Mayor Michael Sullivan's proposal to deal with the problem was voted down last week, and now he must enter his fourth term exploring other solutions for the generation-old problem.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with the mayor.