Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon November 14, 2005
Holyoke voters turn down mayor's proposal
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Environmental Protection Agency last month fined the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts for not addressing a problem of leaking sewage into the Connecticut River. Mayor Michael Sullivan's proposal to deal with the problem was voted down last week, and now he must enter his fourth term exploring other solutions for the generation-old problem.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with the mayor.