Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New York News
Mon November 14, 2005
Holyoke voters turn down mayor's proposal
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Environmental Protection Agency last month fined the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts for not addressing a problem of leaking sewage into the Connecticut River. Mayor Michael Sullivan's proposal to deal with the problem was voted down last week, and now he must enter his fourth term exploring other solutions for the generation-old problem.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with the mayor.