Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Tue March 27, 2012
Home Prices Dipped Again In Most Cities, Report Shows
Home prices fell in most major metropolitan areas again in January, according to the widely watched S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices report. For the fifth straight month, there was a general decline — 0.8 percent in January from December.
More specifically, the researchers found that 16 of 19 metro areas "saw home prices decrease over the month; only Miami, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., home prices went up versus December 2011."
As The Associated Press notes, "the steepest declines were in San Francisco, Atlanta and Portland."