Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Wed November 21, 2012
Hope Seen For Avoiding Fiscal Cliff
Massachusetts Congressman Richard Neal believes there is time to negotiate to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Neal, a ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means committee, says complicated tax and entitlement reforms can’t be done in just 41 days. He advocates for a temporary solution that takes the more contentious issues into next year.
Economists warn the automatic tax hikes and spending cuts that are to be triggered in January unless Congress intervenes will lead to recession.