Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Wed November 7, 2012
Hospital Announces Layoffs
The largest hospital in New York’s North Country announced lay-offs on Wednesday.
The CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh says 17 employees, 9 from management and 8 hourly staff, have been laid off due to “help bolster the hospital’s financial position in 2013 and beyond.”
Those laid off are receiving severance pay and health insurance thru the end of the year and the hospital will assist them in finding new employment.
CVPH President Stevens Mundy said the hospital has initiated a number of measures to reduce expenses over the past few months.
The layoffs affect about 5-percent of management and less than one-half of one percent of hourly staff.
More than 23-hundred people are employed at the Medical Center.