Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 17, 2003
Hospitals, Patients Lose as Health Insurance Drops
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – The end of last week, one of the larger hospitals in Western Massachusetts announced layoffs and restructuring in the face of posting a loss. Hospitals in Massachusetts and throughout the county are facing tough times as they bear the increasing costs of more and more uninsured Americans. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.