Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed June 8, 2005
Hospitals Test Anthrax Readiness
By Hank Gross
Valhalla, NY – Staff from 28 hospitals in the seven county Hudson Valley region yesterday tested their readiness abilities with an anthrax drill. The scenario involved a fictional extremist group's intentional release of anthrax spores within the New York City regional mass transit system and commuters unknowingly carrying the illness to their hometowns. WAMC's Hank Gross reports.