Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed June 8, 2005
Hospitals Test Anthrax Readiness
By Hank Gross
Valhalla, NY – Staff from 28 hospitals in the seven county Hudson Valley region yesterday tested their readiness abilities with an anthrax drill. The scenario involved a fictional extremist group's intentional release of anthrax spores within the New York City regional mass transit system and commuters unknowingly carrying the illness to their hometowns. WAMC's Hank Gross reports.