Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Fri March 16, 2012
Hotel Alcatraz Isn't Exactly Like The Prison
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Alcatraz Island was once home to Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. This week, a few lucky visitors are getting to spend a night in the Hotel Alcatraz. This version of the legendary prison is in London, not San Francisco Bay, part of a promotion for the sci-fi series Alcatraz that debuted in Britain this week. Hotel Alcatraz features guards instead of bellhops and rooms like cells. But a menu with something you wouldn't find behind bars - wine. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.