Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Thu July 1, 2004
Housatonic Will Once Again Flow Naturally in CT
By Kelly Wilkinson
Kent, CT – In what environmental groups are calling a tremendous victory, the Housatonic River will begin to flow naturally through the state of Connecticut. For decades, dam operators along the river have held water back in the summer, then engineered its release. Environmental groups say that stresses the river's ecosystem, and they're applauding the return to a natural flow. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.