Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon November 8, 2004
Housing Assistance Cuts Affect Cities Thru-out Region
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Burlington, Vermont City Council is considering taking a stance on proposed cutbacks in federal rent assistance programs. City councilors are expected to take up a resolution tonight that would oppose the federal "Section Eight" funding cuts. Burlington is not alone, cities across the region are concerned about the potential cuts. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.