Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Capital Region News
Sun March 3, 2013
Housing Board May Face Re-organization
There's trouble ahead for a local Housing authority.
It's been criticized in the past for poor financial practices. Audited by the State Comptroller's office last year, The Saratoga Springs Housing Authority may have to start from scratch: The Saratogian reports that City Accounts Commissioner John Franck is asking Mayor Scott Johnson to dismiss all sitting board members and begin again with a clean slate. Toward accomplishing that goal, Franck drafted a four page resolution which he plans to introduce to the City Council when it meets this week. The paper says issues noted in the resolution mirror those mentioned in the Comptroller's report.