Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu October 24, 2013
How Jamie Moyer Defied The Radar Gun And Defeated Time
We don’t often think of professional athletes getting better with age but Jamie Moyer was a better pitcher in his 40s than he was in his 20s. Moyer became the oldest pitcher to win a Major League Baseball Game in April 2012.
Moyer pitched for eight teams, but his best years were with the Seattle Mariners, where he became and All-Star, and with the Philadelphia Phillies where he was a starter in a World Series run.
He chronicles his journey in the book, Just Tell Me I Can’t: How Jamie Moyer Defied The Radar Gun And Defeated Time. The book is co-written by Larry Platt.
Commentary & Opinion