Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed January 3, 2007
How to Save Your Life #014
Albany, NY – This week, Dr. Stieg talks to James Underberg, founder and president of the New York Preventive Cardiovascular Society and a clinical assistant professor of medicine at NYU Medical School. Dr. Underberg specializes in the integrated treatment of diabetes, hypertension and stroke, using a combination of traditional and alternative practices to help his patients. Dr. Underberg discusses the genetic sources of most people's high cholesterol and its contribution to cardiovascular diseases, as well as the reasons diet and exercise alone may not be sufficient to combat them.