Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed January 3, 2007
How to Save Your Life #014
Albany, NY – This week, Dr. Stieg talks to James Underberg, founder and president of the New York Preventive Cardiovascular Society and a clinical assistant professor of medicine at NYU Medical School. Dr. Underberg specializes in the integrated treatment of diabetes, hypertension and stroke, using a combination of traditional and alternative practices to help his patients. Dr. Underberg discusses the genetic sources of most people's high cholesterol and its contribution to cardiovascular diseases, as well as the reasons diet and exercise alone may not be sufficient to combat them.