Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Mon October 15, 2012
Howard Kurtz at MCLA on 10/17
Howard Kurtz, the Washington bureau chief of Newsweek and The Daily Beast, will speak at this fall's Hardman Lecture event at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in the Church Street Center's Eleanor Furst Roberts Auditorium on Wednesday, October 17, at 7 p.m.
In addition to serving as the Washington bureau chief for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, since 1998 Kurtz has been the host of CNN's "Reliable Sources," the network's long-running media analysis show. The program explores the standards, performance and biases of the media.
Following a 29-year career as a reporter and columnist at The Washington Post, where he served as a national affairs correspondent, New York bureau chief and deputy national editor, Kurtz expanded his portfolio to include political analysis, investigative reporting and blogging.