Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed April 14, 2004
HUD Cuts Could Mean Thousands Lose Their Home
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Hundreds of families across Massachusetts - and tens of thousands across the country - could be homeless as early as June 1. That's if the Department of Housing and Urban Development stands by a projected budget cut. The sudden announcement has thrown housing advocates and politicians scrambling, trying to reverse HUD's decision. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.