Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 14, 2004
HUD Cuts Could Mean Thousands Lose Their Home
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Hundreds of families across Massachusetts - and tens of thousands across the country - could be homeless as early as June 1. That's if the Department of Housing and Urban Development stands by a projected budget cut. The sudden announcement has thrown housing advocates and politicians scrambling, trying to reverse HUD's decision. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.