Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Wed February 21, 2007
HUD funds homeless initiatives
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – Springfield, has announced it has a 10-year plan to eliminate homeless in the city by placing those people considered chronic homeless in private homes with access to folo-up care and other support services. And the Berkshires are looking at developing a similar plan to decrease homelessness.