Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Hudson Valley News
Fri October 19, 2012
Hudson Valley Job Growth Remains Modest
Jobs rose by 7,000 in the Hudson Valley for the 12 months ending in September. That’s a 0.9 percent increase. The largest gain was in the Putnam-Rockland-Westchester Metropolitan Statistical Area at 1.3 percent.
The Dutchess-Orange Metro Area grew by 0.5 percent while the Ulster County Metro Area jobs fell by 0.4 percent.
In non-metro areas, Sullivan County experienced no job growth in September while Columbia County fell by 0.6 percent and Greene County fell by one percent.
Employment gains were the strongest in educational and health services followed by professional and business services; trade, transportation and utilities; financial activities; and other services. Job losses were centered on natural resources, mining and construction; manufacturing; and information. The government sector shed 1,600 jobs over the year.